Saturday, July 21, 2012

Xtratuf

Extra tough week, yet my xtratufs are the ones that saved me. Ironic isn't it? Not to sound like a broken record, but this week was super tough! Inga's has been a great learning experience so far, I am becoming a better cook everyday--well prep cook. This week was a lot of panko-ing? panko-ed? panko-s? Yes. I think all of those are correct. It's breaded rockfish for the fish n chips we make and it is a messy job (pictures below!). On top of work, I got a chance to actually get out while the fisherman were in town. Monday we all went out to road at a camping ground and had a blast. We stayed out till 4AM which was a first because I got to see the sunset and sunrise in a matter of 4 hour period.

Other than that my week has been pretty busy with work, or so it seems. This week I've been really missing home, and I'm not sure why. I miss seeing a familiar face, I miss reminiscing on the good times, and I certainly just miss my own friends (yes, YOU!). Maybe it's small towns, maybe it's this town, or maybe it's my perspective, but it's a tough environment to be in constantly when you didn't grow up with the whole town. I've met some incredibly welcoming people, but this week in particular I was reminded of how much of an outsider I really am. Tonight though is the Inga's Galley's staff party at the Beachcomber (my other place of work!) so I'm excited to have some down time with my staff members. We also got some sick shirts from my bosses old business "Two Chicks"(picture below) based in Sitka where she is from and soon getting our Inga's Galley shirts as well! Aside from my minor home sickness, just know it means I miss my friends. So to all of you guys, I'm sending a fat hug (because skinny hugs just aren't as good).



XTRATUF....ladies?

Best work shoes ever. Saved my feet this week!


Two chicks shirt

Inside into Inga's--small but we work hard!

Panko rockfish--made by yours truly

4AM in Petersburg


No comments:

Post a Comment