Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm on a boat!

This is my 6th week here now and it's feeling like home more and more everyday. Last week might have been a little xtratuf for me, but this week definitely made up for it! Maya and I moved back into our house after house sitting down the street for a little over a week, which always feels nice. Aside from work, I got an opportunity to go up the creek, up the river, and see a glacier this week! By far another memorable experience here, and even though it was raining up the river I still had a blast. But Alaskan boat trips are not your typical summer boat trips. Instead of bikini's, sunglasses, and sunshine....we got mustang suits, jackets, and rain boots. Up the river are these natural hot springs and it's amazing! It's snowy mountains behind you, yet extremely hot springs that come from them? Such a relaxing way to end a long work week....

At work (Inga's) we are doing a fundraiser for the Klondike Run so we are putting on our very own Color Run here in PSG!! I volunteered to make the posters/design for the promotion (thanks RPT 400) and I was SO bummed I missed the Color Run in San Francisco this summer, I am so happy I will get a chance to do it here. Pictures from my adventures below! I should be back in the bay area mid September folks! Remember, adventure is out there!

Up the creek

Fishing up the creek

Too beautiful

Love these guys

Iceberg on our way to the Glacier! So pretty.

GLACIER!

Goodbye glacier :(

Yes, we are standing on an iceberg

Sunset coming home from the glacier

Going up the river!
This girl 

Ready for the hot springs!

Alaskan boat trips

These glasses made everything look so sunny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment