Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventure is out there!

There's no other way to explain this week than spontaneous adventure time! First off, even with this terrible rain this week I've taken a float plane around glaciers (which I managed to do in between my two jobs that day) and booked a ferry trip to Juneau with my coworker at the restaurant, Maria! The plane I took around the glaciers held only 4 people, including the pilot. The thrill was amazing, and even though it was overcast it was actually better to see the glaciers because the blue came out more. We flew all throughout the mountains for about an hour with my coworkers from the Beachcomber (pictures below!) As for my trip to Juneau, I still can't believe I am going (tonight, eek!). I keep hearing that the ferry is an adventure of itself, and something to definitely do while you are here. So being the young ladies we are, our ferry leaves at 7:30PM-->get into Juneau at 3:45AM-->spend the whole day exploring the downtown ("the big city"haha)-->Leave Juneau at 8AM the next morning to then get back to PSG by 12PM.....to then go to work by 3PM. This is adventure people!

On top of all that fun, I started serving this week at the Beachcomber! Aside from your newbie hiccup here and there, I think I have done very well this week! The tips have increased also....which has helped me fund part of my adventures this week. Maya's grandmother, Roxie, is a staple in this town and the wait staff becomes nervous when she dines at the restaurant. I was lucky enough to serve her as she dined with some friends. Everything went over well and even made good conversation with one of her friends at the table! So stoked I did so well with the "VIP", I later find out this gentleman I made good conversation with was the former Govern of Alaska! Ummmm.....WHAT! Everyone is so worked up over Roxie...did they fail to mention Alaskan royalty in the house!? Another added token to my week of adventure. Now I'm packing for my trip to Juneau, so until next week....

Ryan, Maria, and I getting ready for flight!

Getting on the plane

Aerial view of Petersburg

ahhhhhhh

Glacier!!!!

So peaceful

Pretty blue

Other side of the glacier

Icebergs

Co-pilot!

No comments:

Post a Comment