Monday, September 3, 2012

Community

Community. A unified group of people living in an area. People with common interests. The sense of belonging and safety. Petersburg gives you that, plus more. It's crazy to think I have exactly two weeks left here, but after looking over my summer...I know I have a lot of memories to bring back. The community has really taken me under their wing, and I feel a little overwhelmed by the gesture. I found myself learning things like leaving notes when you leave, telling people about your day, and contributing to the town as much as you could. I grew up doing things on my own schedule on my own time, and the people around me were busy because we had to be. But when someone stops and asks you how YOU are....not just saying it for small talk, it has really made me kinda emotional. I'm such an independent go-getter, I don't stop and smell the roses. So thank you Petersburg....for making me stop.

Like I've said, I only have two weeks left and the packing madness will soon begin. The BEST part is that Maya will be coming down to the lower 48 with me! Why you ask? Because I have made the decision to move to Portland with Maya! Everything like a job...or a place to live is still in the works, but we are slowly figuring it all out. I don't want to sit back and see me living at home "saving money"....for WHAT? I would rather be poor and having a blast with my best friend in a new town than be at home with no social life. And home will always be there for me when I need it. I'm really excited and no official dates are set in stone for when the big move is happening, but if any of you folks know of housing or more importantly JOBS in the Portland area....let this educated girl know.

Until next week, folks...


Family dinner!

Beautiful Day in PSG!


Crab potting with Tor

Erin! The happiest person I know
Having my first fireball shot

My partner in crime

The best ladies out there
Yes, we have a moose in our bar 

WOLF DOG


No comments:

Post a Comment