Monday, September 17, 2012

Dear Alaska...

Dear Alaska,

You gave me the best summer a recent, lost, and unemployed grad could ever ask for. Not only did I adopt a new family, but a whole community. The community really got involved with our plans for Portland and everyone....and I mean everyone was interested in hearing about them. I got to wake up every morning and look at the most beautiful snowy mountains and feel the warmth of the town with a wave from someone as you walked down the street. I cannot thank you enough for the people I have met and what great souls they all were to me.

I got to take a the ferry, fly in a float plane, went commercial fishing, learned to cook, met AMAZING people, and be an honorary alaskan! I wouldn't trade this summer for the world. Now, with the thanks of miss Maya Holmes, I am moving to Portland to start my new adventure. We will be settling into our new place at the end of the month and I will be starting by BIG KID JOB as well. I cannot thank everyone who has supported me through this whole journey....including all my blog readers!! I had the most rewarding summer of my life and am happy to say Portland will be the next adventure. Here were some pictures of my last week in town...

As I like to say...this is not goodbye. It's see you later.

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

Classic Lindsay

Shift drink madness


Always a fun time at Kito's

Bye Inga's!!

This is Midnight....an adult sized rocking horse

Last night in Alaska! 

Deck view!

Beachcomber


Left over alcohol anyone?

Staff deck party!

My Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment